TThis list of web resources to assist students learning the Russian language was developed by SRAS and is now hosted on Folkways, part of the SRAS Family of Sites! If you have a resource to recommend, please contact us!
The Step to Ukraine project provides extensive testing – with writen and audio portions – as part of its projects implemented by the UK-based International Institute for Education, Culture and Diaspora Relations – MIOK.
Language Life School has a short grammar-based test available.
The City of Olevsk put together a simple test to celebrate International Literacy Day.
Books for Learning Ukrainian
The following have been recommended by US-based college instructors.
- Beginner’s Ukrainian with Interactive Online Workbook
- Rozmovljajmo! (Let’s Talk!): A Basic Ukrainian Course
- Ukrainian Through its Living Culture: Advanced Level Language Textbook
Ukrainian Multimedia, Interactive Learning & Digital Publishing offers two ebooks: 530 Ukrainian Verbs and Ukrainian Reference Grammar in English in PDF formats
Free Online Resources for Learning Ukrainian
- Podorozhiua – Beginner’s Ukrainain Online Text
- Ukrainian for Professional Communication – Advanced Online Language Textbook.
- The Talking Ukrainian Phrasebook is a free resource from SRAS and NovaMova Language School.
Online Courses for Learning Ukrainian
- Ukrainian Language Study from SRAS is individualized lessons for anyone, whatever their current language level.
- Ukrainian Lessons Online offers a series of free and paid podcasts and resources.
Selected Ukrainian Cultural Links
- The Ukrainian Folklore Project is an interesting site sponsored by the University of Alberta. Lots of info, pics, video footage and other multimedia presentations.
- Ukraine Alive is a project sponsored by the Canadian government to teach 3rd graders about Ukraine as part of the standard state curriculum. Lots of videos of various kid’s games, cultural events, and more.
- Ukrainian Holidays gives histories and current dates for Ukraine’s extensive list of holidays!