Updated: February 9, 2023 Within this page, we detail the reasons why we ask you for information, what we do to keep your information secure, and how we use your information.
Who We Are
Folkways.Today is run as a free service of SRAS. SRAS is a study abroad organization that also promotes the understanding of languages, cultures, and societies. Folkways.Today provides information and resources written by SRAS staff and students to further this mission.
How You Can Contact Us
You can either email the editor of Folkways.Today or you can contact us through SRAS’ contact page.
What Data We Collect and Why
- Today contributors – each contributor has their name and bio listed with the material they have created. This is done to properly credit them and to help them build a portfolio of published material for inclusion in a resume and/or CV. Email may also be collected within the accounts system for our records so that we may easily contact the author later. Emails are never shown or shared. Gravitar images may be automatically collected by the system if the user has a gravitar account.
Use and Disclosure of Information
- SRAS may share information with universities and government organizations if those institutions require such information to provide services you have requested from us or as otherwise required by law.
- SRAS will never share or sell information to any third party, excepting general statistics such as the number of subscribers to our newsletter or how many people attend our programs, and as part of a transfer of information to a third party who acquires any or all of SRAS’s assets, whether such acquisition is by merger, consolidation, or purchase of all or a substantial portion of SRAS assets. In addition, in the event SRAS becomes the subject of an insolvency proceeding, whether voluntary or involuntary, SRAS or its liquidator, administrator, receiver or administrative receiver may dispose of such information in a transaction approved by the court.
- SRAS stores all information on secure servers located inside the U.S. and the U.K.
- SRAS processes information on servers located inside the U.S. and in other countries.
- We make good faith efforts to provide you access to your personal information upon request and to let you correct such data if it is inaccurate and delete it if you desire, whenever reasonably possible.
Or write to us at:
c/o Renee Huhs
117 Marva Oaks Drive
Woodside, CA 94062